Dr. Ann Stadelmaier (1953-2006), an audiologist, and executive director of Hearing Evaluation Services of Buffalo and Kenmore Lion passed away after a long battle with cancer in August 2006. Dr. Stadelmaier was dedicated to helping hearing-impaired individuals meet their hearing needs regardless of their ability to pay. It was a final wish of hers that a fund is established to help those in need achieve their hearing goals.
Together, with the support of the Lions Club, the fund has become an incredible asset in helping hundreds of individuals in need of hearing assistance.
Mission: The Dr. Ann Stadelmaier Hearing Aid Fund has been established to provide hearing assistance to individuals in need who cannot otherwise afford these services in Erie, Niagara, Chautauqua, and Cattaraugus Counties.
Eligibility Criteria: Eligibility is based on financial and audiological needs. To apply for funding the applicant is to submit the following:
- Financial assistance application along with a copy of their most recently filed IRS tax return
- Social Security Administration statement
- Financial documentation including current bank statements for each household member
- Copy of a recent audiogram (within one year)
Failure to submit all documents will result in a delay in application.
The Dr. Ann Stadelmaier Case Review Committee will determine if the eligibility criteria are met. Each applicant will receive a letter from the committee following the review.
Approved applicants will receive the following:
- One new digital hearing aid in a full-shell, half-shell, canal, or behind-the-ear style. An earmold is included for behind-the-ear hearing aid users.
- Telephone coils (T-Coils) are available on behind-the-ear hearing aids for those who have difficulty hearing over the phone.
- A one-year factory repair warranty.
- Hearing aid evaluation, fitting, and follow-up (for one year) at Hearing Evaluation Services of Buffalo, Inc., unless otherwise directed by the review committee.
- Once the approval letter is received the patient is to contact Hearing Evaluation Services (716) 833 4488 to schedule an appointment for the Hearing Aid Evaluation, unless other arrangements have been approved by the review committee.
- Based on the ability to pay, the patient may be responsible for a one-time $150 dispensing fee which covers all office visits within the first year.
- We will schedule your appointment at one of our offices in Williamsville, Amherst, Orchard Park, or Tonawanda.
Hearing Evaluation Services realizes that hearing is the basis for all human communication. It is our wish to assist those in need.